Written by Marissa Ann Portillo, BS, RLATG, CM
Welcome back to our pet recipes series!
Does winter have your pup a little down in the dumps? Has your pet’s usual kibble lost its appeal? We’ve got just what you need: a fun, fresh, healthy kibble topper snack to start off 2019 right!
Apple Carrot Crisps
We know this time of year can be challenging to keep your pet’s diet filled with variety. We recommend finding the freshest produce when preparing any recipe: keep it seasonal, keep it fresh. This apple carrot crisp recipe is hearty and delicious and will surely bring a spark of happiness to your pup. It even doubles as a great treat and a kibble topper!
- ½ cup quick cook oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened organic peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup finely diced apple, peeled
- ¼ cup finely cut carrot, peeled
- 2 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add coconut oil and peanut butter in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds on high until peanut butter and coconut oil are fully melted.
- Add oats, apple, and carrot – mix very well.
- Scoop mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking dish. Press dough into a large circle
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool and serve as scoops or kibble topper! Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Your pups will thank you later!
Tested and approved by Sebastian, Smeagol, CoCo Bean, and Miss Piggy!
Stay tuned for next month’s February/Valentine’s Day themed recipe!