Funding your pet’s treatment is a concern for many pet owners. Financial constraints may impact the decision you take on how to treat your pet’s condition.
We understand that these are difficult, personal decisions that are unique to each family; and we respect that in the midst of grappling with a diagnosis and a treatment plan, you are now also grappling with this unexpected new expense.
On the day that services are rendered, we will ask you to pay the estimate in full prior to services being rendered.
Your options for payment methods include:
- Personal Checks (ID required)
Please note your bank may have restrictions on the amount of money that can be withdrawn from your account daily. Please contact your bank to ensure your check is not declined. Ethos hospitals are not affiliated with Telecheck. If your check is declined, we cannot override the denial decision.
- Credit Card: Master Card, Visa, Discover, American Express
- Lines of Credit: Care Credit
- PayPal: Contact-less payment option through the client portal
For clients who have an account on our client portal, PayPal is available as a contact-less option for payment. If you wish to pay by PayPal, log in to the client portal, or set up your account. Click My Payments on the right side bar, you will be prompted for the dollar amount, and then you will be re-routed to PayPal to complete payment.
Lines of Credit
If personal credit, cash and personal loans from family and friends are not available, or do not cover the balance, a line of credit can be an alternative. Care Credit and Wells Fargo provide lines of credit specifically for health related expenses.
The process is much like a credit card application, the financial institution will evaluate your application and approve you for an amount with a predetermined interest rate and payment terms.
Hospitals in the Ethos network are not affiliated with either of these financial institutions. Our team is happy to help you apply for a line of credit with these institutions. We will help you fill out the form if necessary, provide you with copies of receipts, estimates and anything else you need in order to expedite the process for you, but we are not involved in their decisions around credit terms and amounts.
If you decide that a line of credit is for you, applying for credit in advance of your pet’s scheduled treatment will ease the process on the day you drop him or her off. If you have arrived at one of our hospitals in an emergency situation, we will be happy to assist you in filling out the form and submitting the application if you so desire. Please speak to a member of our client care team.
Plan Types vary, but currently include the following: (the rates listed below are subject to change at the discretion of Care Credit)
- 6 months – deferred interest, regular payments, minimum transaction of $200
Any unpaid balance at the end of the 6 month period will be subject to the cumulative deferred interest.
- Purchases of $1,000 or more may be eligible for the following:
- 24 month offer with a 14.90% APR
- 36 month offer with a 15.90% APR
- 48 months offer with a 16.9% APR
- Purchases of $2,500 or more may be eligible for a 60 months offer with a 17.90% APR.
Wells Fargo Health Advantage**:
Financing is provided with approved credit by Wells Fargo Financial National Bank. Click here to fill out the application form and start the loan approval process
Plan types may vary, but currently include the following:
- No Interest if Paid in Full within the 6 month promotional period with regular monthly payments: This is a deferred interest promotion. This means that if you do not pay off the purchase balance in full within the 6 month promotional period, interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date at the regular APR for Purchases rate of 12.99%. Paying only the minimum monthly payment will not pay off the purchase balance before the end of the 6 month promotional period. To avoid interest charges, you must either pay more that the minimum monthly payment, or make a lump sum payment(s) before the end of the 6 month promotional period.* For current information, call Wells Fargo at 1-800-431-5921.”
- Special Rate of 12.99% APR with 18, 24, 36, 48, or 60 equal monthly payments.**:
The Wells Fargo Health Advantage® credit card is issued by Wells Fargo Financial National Bank. Special terms apply to qualifying purchases charged with approved credit. The special terms APR of 12.99% will apply to the qualifying purchase, and [##] monthly payments equal to [Y.YYY%] of the original special terms balance are required. The advertised terms are an estimate assuming required monthly payments are made on the payment due date; no other balances are currently carried or will be carried on the account; and no additional charges are or will be added to the account. Because your actual account activity may be different than the assumptions used, or because of rounding, the number of payments or the final payment amount could be different than the advertised terms. The special terms APR will continue to apply until all qualifying purchases are paid in full. The APR for Purchases will apply to certain fees such as a late payment fee or if you use the card for other transactions. For new accounts, the APR for Purchases is 12.99%. If you are charged interest in any billing cycle, the minimum interest charge will be $1.00. This information is accurate as of August 2019 and is subject to change. For current information, call Wells Fargo at 1-800-431-5921.”
* Care Credit Rates updated as of April 2020 and subject to change.
** Wells Fargo Rates updated as of August 2019 and subject to change.